Job Title: Agribusiness Operations Manager
Reports To: Managing Director
Location: Isinya with Frequent travels to project’s sites
Salary: 150K – 200K plus Benefits
Our client is a social enterprise in agriculture that provides training and business support to farmers, pastoralists and agribusinesses in Africa.
Their aim is enhance capacity building in food production.
They seek to hire an Operations Manager who will be responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of programs.
- Assist the MD in planning, organizing, and implementing public and private fund-raising initiatives
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the program and service areas, focusing on systems/process improvement.
- Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program operations.
- Lead a high performing team of program/project managers to the next level by further developing and implementing recruitment, training, and retention strategies.
- Responsible for all activities pertaining to licensing, personnel, finance, and contracts as well as ensuring that the organization’s programs are in compliance with all County and National regulations, Donor’s and Partners’ requirements
- Partner with the MD to represent the organization with external constituency groups, including community, governmental, and private organizations.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of the organization
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget to the MD and Finance Manager for review and approval, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of the organization’s program/service units through sound fiscal management.
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic planning processes with the MD and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Agriculture
- 5 – 10 years senior-leadership experience supervising seasoned staff
- Must have a good understanding of the agricultural industry
- Strong relationship builder and communicator
- Past experience managing human resources function including personnel, compensation, and recruiting.
- Analytical and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of programs
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work
- Experience in Fundraising, proposal writing and donor management
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Agribusiness Operations Manager) to email@example.com before Friday 11th March, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.