Job Title: Restaurant & Events Manager
Salary: Kshs 30k - 50k
Our client is a new medium end restaurant in Embu town; they are looking to hire a restaurant and events manager to handle the daily operations of the restaurant and a subsidiary events management company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work hand in hand with the management team in creating, developing and maintaining constant flow of business
- Oversee daily floor operations including staff management and working with vendors.
- Follow up on customer inquiries in relation to new function bookings, conduct meetings and relay relevant information to corporate groups
- Ensure that customer service and guest comfort, satisfaction and security are paramount at all times.
- Producing detailed proposals for events e.g timelines,venues,supplier obligations, staffing and budgets
- Ensure smooth running of the restaurant by coordinating suppliers, organizing staff and handling customer complaints
- Managing budgets
- Overseeing stock levels and managing supplies
- Ensuring Compliance with licencing, hygiene and health and safety legislation/guidelines.
- Researching markets to identify opportunities for events.
- Making improvements to the running of the business and developing the restaurant.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business management
- At least 3 years hands on experience in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to discuss and resolve problems
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with staff, provide leadership and motivate a team.
- Time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Articulate, well groomed, confident with excellent presentation skills
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Restaurant & Events Manager.) to email@example.com before 9th February 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted