Vacant Position: Regional Finance Manager - West Africa
RTI International, one of the world’s leading research institutes, is seeking qualified candidates for a Regional Finance Manager – West Africa position.
This position is responsible for the capacity building and support of project- based Finance Managers in West Africa.
This role is responsible for the technical training of Finance Managers, comprising training on RTI’s QuickBooks accounting software, RTI’s Finance Manual, finance and accounting policies & procedures, payroll setup and global monthly close process.
In addition, regularly scheduling meetings with Finance Managers as extended support forums, to review financial performance and ensure compliance to RTI policies and procedures.
This role also guides the Finance Manager in ensuring that the proper office procedures and segregation of duties are in place at project startup to ensure that each project operates within RTI policies and appropriate internal controls.
This position location is any West or East African country where RTI has an established presence. RTI has office presence in the following West Africa countries Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Senegal, Guinea and all East African countries.
The position reports to the Regional Controller – Africa & Middle East based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Training and on-boarding of project Finance Managers. Training will include, but is not limited to, the following topical areas: QuickBooks accounting solutions, payroll and payroll tax compliance, design and monitoring internal control systems, and month end reporting.
- Employ financial oversight and supportive monitoring to ensure project expenses are in accordance with RTI accounting policies and procedures.
- Support month end closing processes to ensure organized, complete and properly approved expense reports and reconciliations are delivered to Home Office as per approved month-end closing calendar.
- Support internal and external audits of projects
- Provide temporary technical assignments during long absence of Finance Managers, start up and close out of projects.
- Ensure updated, clear concise written accounting and finance policies and procedure manuals for project offices under direct supervision.
- Prepare reports as requested by management and RTI Home and Regional Office
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial controls and financial management principles
- Ability to work independently as well as function within a matrix organization
- Advanced user and trainer of accounting systems such as QuickBooks, and Costpoint.
- 5+ years of experience backstopping USAID or DFID funded projects in multiple countries in Africa.
- Proficient in Advanced MS Excel, MS Word and power point presentations
- Experience with accounting software, QuickBooks proficiency is desirable
- Experience as a Finance Manager for a USAID/DFID project is desirable
- French and English proficiency is required.
- 40%-50% travel required
- Preferred location: West Africa or East Africa.
** This position does not attract international allowances.
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
Please submit your updated English CV (including contact information) to RTI’s online posting at www.rti.org/job16851 by February 19th, 2016.
RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.