Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Inades-Formation is a pan African organization working in ten (10) African Countries namely; Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Cote D’Ivoire, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya, Togo and DR Congo.
In Kenya, the offices are situated in Machakos town – approximately 60 km east of Nairobi.
Job Summary: INADES-Formation Kenya is implementing the Kenya Livestock Enhancement (KSALES) Project funded by USDA through Land O’ Lakes on Livestock Farmer Field schools and On Farm infrastructure.
Inades-Formation Kenya thus seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill two positions of a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for this project.
The positions will only be filled on receipt of the anticipated funding. The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will monitor day-to-day project activities to ensure that the project maintains adequate level and coverage of output and outcomes indicators.
The M&E Officer will be the key focal person to ensure that M&E data are of the required quality and archived based on sound M&E practices.
The M&E Officer will provide direct technical support to project officers.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop the overall framework of the monitoring and evaluation activities
- Manage and maintain performance monitoring systems and processes in the organization
- Responsible for the planning process and activity monitoring reporting
- Guide and coordinate the review of programme log frames
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of quality data of project activities, outcomes and impacts.
- Design and carry out outcome and impact assessments to assess project interventions, outcomes and impact with project assisted beneficiaries
- Participate in the development of M&E data collection tracking tools;
- Regular progress and performance monitoring on the achievement of the KSALES project targets and results on all the projects’ performance indicators,
- Coordinate with the programs manger to ensure data needs and reporting requirements are met
- Conduct periodic data collection, verification, and analysis of the project to check any significant deviations from the agreed upon M&E data stipulated on the grants agreement.
- Responsible for identifying 2-3 success stories per quarter demonstrating the success of beneficiaries or value chain drivers as a result of the Project intervention.
- Support documentation of verification documents and evidence for the project implementation.
- Oversee and execute the monitoring and evaluation activities included in the K-SALES Project, with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learning;
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Be a degree, Diploma or professional certification holder in M&E or related
- Degree in Livestock production, animal health or Agriculture
- A minimum of 5 years of Leading Monitoring and Evaluation experience
- At least five years working experience with exposure to livestock production and/or related initiatives.
- Competence in data collection and analysis using SPSS and/or other statistical packages, use of spreadsheets and computer spreadsheet based monitoring and reporting tables and tools.
- Knowledge on Livestock Farmer Field Schools will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in working with community groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of Kamba language will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of M&E tools, techniques, documentation
- Proven capacity to work independently and to take initiatives
- A valid driving and riding license with at least 5 years’ experience practical driving/riding
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your application letter and CV to the Managing Director, Inades-Formation Kenya, through e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com by March 4, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted