The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the position of Managing Director.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the Board and all stakeholders to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies geared towards positioning the company at the forefront of the industry through overseeing the company’s operations to ensure efficiency, quality, best service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Working with the Board to provide coherent leadership of the company, conveying and executing the vision, mission and strategic intent of the company;
- Implementing short, medium and long-term master plans for the company to achieve stakeholders’ demands;
- Executing a risk management policy and framework that ensures the company has adequate systems and processes of accountability, risk management, internal controls and business continuity;
- Maintaining a high performance organization driven by talented and competent staff who consistently deliver outstanding results;
- Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees while fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship;
- Driving own personal development and growth to keep abreast with developments in the industry and in the management and leadership of people and successful organizations;
- Developing and recommending to the Board annual operating budgets;
- Coordinating and preparing business related proposals and reports;
- Ensuring unequivocal compliance to all constitutional provisions, Acts of Parliament, statutory provisions, local and international regulations;
- Overseeing and ensuring implementation of corporate policies and programmes;
- Any other responsibilities as may be necessary to achieve the company’s objectives.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree from a globally recognized institution of higher learning;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Engineering, Economics, Finance, Law or a related field;
- Current membership in a relevant professional body.
- Be an experienced leader of diverse people and processes with the ability to lead, develop and direct team members to deliver to high performance targets and standards;
- Must have a minimum of 14 years working experience with at least 8 years in a senior management / leadership position;
- Possess hands on experience and direct responsibility for developing and implementing strategic plans, generating substantial revenues, managing significant capital and operational budgets and delivering positive cash flows and profits;
- Experience from organizations with a strong core business in the oil and gas industry will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong people engagement and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships, communicate, present, negotiate and resolve conflicting agendas and interests by motivating and encouraging consensus and partnering at all levels to produce high quality results;
- Strategic thinker with good commercial acumen and the ability to identify economic opportunities in a changing environment and to capitalize on them;
- Be conversant with various investment models including public, private partnerships; build operate transfer; etc.
- A demonstrated adaptability to drive change and transformation, with a proven capability of quickly assessing complex situations, generating astute, practical and pragmatic solutions, generating plans of action and correcting problems;
- Broad knowledge of economics, finance, corporate governance and oil and gas industry issues and trends at national, regional and international levels, including in-depth understanding of petroleum in the global marketplace;
- Strong expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, resource mobilization and management as well as monitoring and evaluation of the same;
- Ability to analyze and interpret operational, economic and financial data and apply management principles and practices in making sound business decisions;
- Be able to develop and implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behaviours and providing support to professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives;
- Sustenance of high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences ;
- Working knowledge of, or the demonstrable ability to quickly absorb and understand global and local regulations pertaining to the oil and gas industry and operations of State Corporations;
- Computer literate with working experience gained in a highly automated ERP environment;
- Experience in working with or interacting with a Board of Directors.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3) years renewable once for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
NB: Candidates interested in this position are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following certificates;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of educational background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant testimonials.
Applications must be deposited at Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, 6th Floor, at the Chairman’s Office and an acknowledgement of receipt will be issued. Please address applications to:
Board of Directors
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P. O. Box 73442 - 00200
All applications should be received not later than Friday, 19th February, 2016.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
This advertisement may also be found on our website www.kpc.co.ke