Our client, an international NGO in quality reproductive health care and family planning wishes to recruit an Internal Auditor.
The key responsibilities of the role are the management of the risk register reporting regularly on mitigation actions taken against agreed indicators; the review of policies and systems required to support the management of risk; the independent investigation of key areas of concern that arise; and review of Board compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishment and review of the Risk Register to be reviewed by DIA and approved by the Board
- Identification of data and indicators to be monitored by directors monthly and reported to Board quarterly in relation to Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Logistics, Commercial activities, Clinical Quality, and Programme Operations
- Revision of risk assessments and introduction of new ones as need arises
- Updating and maintaining risk register
- Updating and maintaining the fraud and gift register
- Review of all policies and systems and recommendations for amendment
- Agreement of minimum standards against each policy area
- Monitoring of review timetable
- Testing of effectiveness through regular visits and checks
- Independent investigation of key areas of concern that arise.
- Timely Quarterly and activity reports and Internal audit findings to DIA & EMT
- Annual summary IA reports on status of all recommendations
- To supervise, appraise, coach and manage Internal Audit assistants and revolving cashiers
- Develop audit and maintain programmes for different processes and controls
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, or any other relevant discipline
- Hold a recognized professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACMA, CGMA, ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, IIA) (Desirable)
- Be a registered with a professional body.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, procedures and practices of accounting, auditing, financial records and transactions.
- Ability to write clear concise and accurate audit reports in English essential
- Familiar with integrated accounting systems
- Familiar with computer aided audit techniques
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to internal audit, particularly legislation changes and developments as they affect charities, and new auditing techniques and practices.
- Experience of working in audit in Kenya
- Experience of utilizing computer aided audit techniques
- Experience of auditing compliance with complex & high impact donor Agreements
- Experience of influencing colleagues at all levels of a major international organization
- A skilled negotiator
- A clear attention to detail
- Self-sufficient and able to set and meet own work plan timetables
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before 29th February, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected remuneration, on the subject line.