The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) seeks to recruit a dynamic, competent and result-oriented individual to fill the following position:-
Manager, Systems & Data Centre Support
IEBC Grade: 4
Job Code: IEBC/2/1/2016
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage third party vendors and consultants to ensure service delivery complies with the SLAs.
- Manage the development, documentation and maintenance of application systems support policies and enforce them to ensure availability and reliability of systems.
- Manage the development, documentation and maintenance of application systems support standards, policies and procedures and enforce them.
- Closely collaborate with IS Security and Business continuity section to define and implement DR and BCP requirements and policies.
- Define and enforce the required ICT systems continuity (backups and restore) processes as per defined DR and BCP requirements to ensure business continuity.
- Manage the testing and implementation processes for systems upgrades and patches as per technical guidelines to ensure IT Service availability and reliability
- Manage anti-virus solutions on the enterprise systems to ensure information systems integrity and security.
- Ensure security compliance of Enterprise Systems as per the Commission’s policy.
- To ensure that cost justifiable IT (Enterprise systems) Capacity always exists and that it is matched to the current and future identified needs of the Commission
- To plan and oversee the successful rollout of software and related hardware
- To account for all the IT (Enterprise systems) assets and configurations within the organization and its services
- Manage the required standards for the data Centre, Server infrastructure, environment and security and ensure documentation and compliance to guarantee availability and reliability of systems.
- Manage the change (controls and configuration updates) processes for data Centre infrastructure and applications as per defined policies to ensure compliance
- Carry out continuous capacity evaluation and planning for the data Centre infrastructure and implementation for necessary expansion and consolidation to ensure availability and to optimize costs.
- To minimize the adverse impact of Incidents and Problems on the Commission’s activities that are caused by errors within the IT Infrastructure, and to prevent recurrence of Incidents related to those errors
- Develop and motivate an innovative and inspired team of Systems Analysts and Systems Administrators and re-evaluate their skill and progress in order to ensure delivery of KRAs
- Lead systems administrators in taking advantage of emerging technologies and innovations to improve on efficiency and costs optimization.
Requirements for Appointment
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline. A relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ post graduate experience in ICT, (3) of which should be at management level.
- A demonstrated track record in managing IT service support in a busy and demanding environment.
- Expert knowledge of current IT standards for operating systems, databases and Infrastructure
- A good understanding of the electoral process is essential.
- Knowledge of, and experience in IT service standards, e.g. ITIL, Service delivery certification will be an added advantage
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiating skills, able to interact with staff and service providers at all levels
- Good Project management skills
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strategy development and execution
- Planning and coordination skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to make critical and timely decisions in a highly sensitive environment.
In addition to the qualifications set above, the applicants must further meet and submit the following clearances:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP)
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board
- Professional bodies (where applicable) to which the applicant belongs eg LSK, ICPAK, AAK, IEK etc
- Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd or Metropol Credit Reference Bureau
Interested candidates are requested to submit their duly completed applications together with an up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, email and telephone contacts together with names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience.
Applicants must indicate the Job code and title on the top left corner of the envelope.
Applications and supporting documents shall be:
i) Hand delivered to the IEBC CEO/CS, 6th Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi:
ii) Send via Post Office to:
Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC),
P O Box 45371-00100,
P O Box 45371-00100,
Applications must reach IEBC by 15th February 2016