The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) seeks to recruit a dynamic, competent and result-oriented individual to fill the following position:-
Manager, ICT Security and Business Continuity
IEBC Grade: 4
Job Code: IEBC/3/1/2016
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement information systems security strategies, policies, standards and procedures.
- Review, maintain and strengthen the organization’s information system assets, risk management framework and programme, incorporating infrastructure and process risk ownership, assessment and mitigation.
- Proactively monitor security activity through continuous research and recommend suitable solutions to further secure and safeguard Commission’s systems and information assets.
- Establish and maintain computer incident capability, and provide appropriate systems specialist support for investigations, forensics and recovery.
- Establish processes to ensure that there is a high degree of integration with the other assurance functions
- Develop a Risk and business impact analysis process and iteratively implement it on all information systems in alignment with the Commissions requirements.
- Develop, document and maintain an effective systems continuity plans by regularly coordinating mock runs and improving the backup and restore processes.
- Gain understanding and acceptance from system users throughout the commission of the continuity plan and their roles/responsibilities within it.
- Establish and maintain systems disaster recovery sites and plans.
- Manage vendors partnering in the continuity plans where appropriate and ensure their compliance to contractual agreements.
- Managing and coordinating with the respective Directorates in order to develop and implement the business continuity management programme.
- Overseeing the development of the BCM strategy and BCPs by liaising with the respective Directorates in order to ensure that the BCPs are tested and reviewed.
- Provide expert, timely, and relevant advice to management and the entire organization as well as training and awareness on systems security issues and activities in the Commission and on the best business continuity practices.
Requirements for Appointment
- Degree in Information Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ post graduate experience in ICT, two of which must be at management level.
- 6 years working experience as a systems administrator at least in: Networks, Database, Application systems administration and Security Management
- Project Management skills
- Basic Skills of Business Management and Strategic Management
- IT Service Management Certification
- Professional qualification in Business Continuity, Planning Information Security Management - CISA / CISM / CGEIT
In addition to the qualifications set above, the applicants must further meet and submit the following clearances:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP)
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board
- Professional bodies (where applicable) to which the applicant belongs eg LSK, ICPAK, AAK, IEK etc
- Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd or Metropol Credit Reference Bureau
Interested candidates are requested to submit their duly completed applications together with an up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, email and telephone contacts together with names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience.
Applicants must indicate the Job code and title on the top left corner of the envelope.
Applications and supporting documents shall be:
i) Hand delivered to the IEBC CEO/CS, 6th Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi:
ii) Send via Post Office to:
Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC),
P O Box 45371-00100,
P O Box 45371-00100,
Applications must reach IEBC by 15th February 2016