The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) seeks to recruit dynamic, competent and result-oriented individuals to fill the following positions:-
Position: Constituency Elections Coordinator
5 Posts - Butere, Wajir East, Suna West, Turkana North and Kinango Constituencies
Job Code: IEBC/4/1/2016
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide management support, develop and oversee the implementation of strategies, policies, plans and budgets at the constituency level while ensuring their alignment to the regional and overall Commission strategies.
- Ensure that election operation activities at the constituency level comply with laid down internal controls and budgetary provisions.
- Ensure adequate provision of administrative support services at the constituency level including distribution of election materials, transport management, implementation of security policies and protocols and ensuring the safe custody of the Commission’s assets.
- Be responsible for sound financial management and prudent use of all Commission funds at constituency level in line with commission’s financial policies.
- Liaise with the Regional Election Coordinator to implement training programmes for registration and election officials at the constituency level.
- Identify, inspect suitable polling, nominations and tallying centers.
- Liaise with regional administrative and security officials at the constituency level to ensure safety of Commission Assets including warehouses.
- Undertake the verification, compilation and revision of Constituency voter’s register as required by law from time to time.
- Liaise with political parties with respect to elections and related activities.
- Develop accountability measures, monitor the performance indicators at the constituency levels and ensure the timely preparation of periodic reports.
- Be the Returning Officer during elections and during voter registration the Voter Registration Officer.
- Undertake any other relevant duties assigned by the Commission.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- A minimum of Six (6) years post graduate working experience in management in a large organization.
- Proven experience in results-based management, monitoring and evaluation or managing election process is an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate and should possess good negotiation, planning and coordination skills.
- Additional training, professional qualifications and experience of fieldwork will be an advantage.
- Must be a resident of the Constituency applied for and must attach ID card indicating that they hail from that constituency.
- Must be computer literate.
In addition to the qualifications set above, the applicants must further meet and submit the following clearances:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP)
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board
- Professional bodies (where applicable) to which the applicant belongs eg LSK, ICPAK, AAK, IEK etc
- Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd or Metropol Credit Reference Bureau
Interested candidates are requested to submit their duly completed applications together with an up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, email and telephone contacts together with names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience.
Applicants must indicate the Job code and title on the top left corner of the envelope.
Applications and supporting documents shall be:
i) Hand delivered to the IEBC CEO/CS, 6th Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi:
ii) Send via Post Office to:
Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC),
P O Box 45371-00100,
P O Box 45371-00100,
Applications must reach IEBC by 15th February 2016