Our client, a 3 star hotel located in Nairobi CBD is seeking to recruit in the following position:
Hotel General Manager
Reporting to the Board of Management, the incumbent will be responsible for the overall direction of the hotel operations, strategic planning, marketing, corporate communication, human resource, law enforcement and regulatory compliance.
Suitable candidate MUST have the following minimum qualifications:
- A diploma in hotel management from a recognized training institution.
- A minimum of 5 years experience 2 of which must be in senior management of reputable hotel.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
Competencies and Skills
- Must have exemplary leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Advising the Board of Management on operational and business development strategies.
- Preparing and managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure
- Recruiting, training and monitoring and motivating all hotel staff
- Dealing with customer complaints in a timely manner
- Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly
- Supervising the maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings of the hotel
- Ensuring effective facility security
- Carrying out inspections of property and services
Starting salary Kes 50,000.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their detailed cover letter and CV indicating their current remuneration to email@example.com
The opening will be closed once an appropriate candidate is identified.