Position: Electrical Service Technician
Job Purpose: To provide professional technical specialist support and service in respect of all process equipment so that equipment availability and efficiency is optimized and improved and losses and risks are minimized.
- Responds to customer service calls (on–‐site, or on–‐line; during the day and after Hours) and answer support phone lines related to Service and application issues.
- Analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests system components.
Troubleshooting and Repairs
- Troubleshoots and repair customer equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components
- Ensures that systems are properly maintained and operating correctly
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components.
- Attend to breakdowns telephonically and physically
- Read all specification sheets on machines to be fully knowledgeable; have a working knowledge of how machine works
- Completes and submits written service orders for non-warranty as well as warranty products.
- Provides weekly status updates on After sales service on assigned accounts
- Escalates difficult problems to Management
- Completes and submits bi–‐weekly timesheets
- Diploma / University Degree in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering or related field
- At least 3 years experience as a technician or field service technician
- Very strong analytical and troubleshooting skills of electrical & mechanical systems.
- Aware of design tools and techniques and ability to use all hand tools
- Good knowledge of Electrical and Electronic engineering and basic Mechanical aptitude.
- Self-motivated, independent, solution orientated, deadline driven individual with strong time management skills
- Build mutually beneficial relationships internally and externally
- Ability to drive
Applications to be send firstname.lastname@example.org the subject Service Technician
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.