Work Location: Mara
About Action Africa Help Kenya: Action Africa Help - Kenya is a non-governmental organization that addresses development challenges in partnership with marginalized Kenyan communities mainly living in low income settings in urban and rural settings including arid and semi-arid areas (ASALs).
AAH Kenya is an affiliate country programme of Action Africa Help International (AAH-I), which has been operating in the East and Southern Africa region for more than 25 years implementing programmes in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia and Kenya.
AAH Kenya is implementing a project in Mara Division called the Mara Division Enterprise Development Project (MDED).
The project’s goal is to strengthen the community’s resilience and capacity to lead their own development through supporting an entrepreneurial mind-set in community members.
This project will be working with livestock keepers, women and youth in the Mara division to address their economic development issues that will increase their income.
About the Position: This position is part of the MDED Project, which seeks to undertake a process which will encourage the communities living in the Mara to carry out their activities as a business and use their resource to improve their living standards.
AAH Kenya is seeking a qualified and committed individual to join the team as a driver.
The incumbent will also be the project ambassador in the community and work closely with the Project officer and community focal persons to support activities in Mara Division.
Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of secondary education or its equivalent.
- Must possess a valid professional driving license for light and heavy duty vehicles (BCE).
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different types of vehicles.
- Good knowledge of the topography of the country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations.
- Proven ability to deal with clients with tact and respect for diversity.
- At least Three years’ work experience as a driver of which at least 1 year should be relevant NGO experience in community projects and good computer skills.
Interested candidates can email applications letters indicating, their current salary, CVs indicating contact details with 3 referees) to be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 12th February 2016.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only those selected for the interviews will be contacted.