Job Title: CFO - Betting
Report to: CEO
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our client is a new entrant in the sports betting industry in Kenya.
They are looking for a Gujarati / Punjabi / Hindi speaking CFO.
He will set up and lead the finance team, as well as help with the top level data analysis.
- Lead the company’s economic strategy, forecasting and financial modeling.
- Take an active role in analyzing new markets for the company to expand into based on solid financial data
- Coordinate data driven analytics throughout the entire organization to accurately measure current levels of earnings and to identify risks and opportunities.
- Assume overall leadership of the day-to-day financial and control operations of the company, including financial reporting, planning and analysis, accounting, financial policy development and budgeting.
- Establish critical KPIs.
- Design and implement financial and internal control systems.
- Manage all internal and external financial reporting.
- Support management in developing key growth strategies by studying economic and industry trends.
- Forecast expansion prospects.
- Analyse organization operations to identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement.
- Monitor ongoing performance against company growth objectives, identify problems, and initiate appropriate corrective action to ensure that the company is moving toward its target earnings course.
- Oversee annual audit. Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and reporting is in compliance with Kenyan law.
Skills and Experience required
- Fluent in English, Guajarati, Punjabi, Hindi.
- 5-10 years’ progressively responsible experience in a similar position.
- Degree in accounting, finance or a relevant field.
- CPA or Master’s Degree is a strong advantage.
- Strategic leader with strong grasp of core financial concepts, including cost accounting, reporting, revenue recognition, financial modeling, and forecasting. Experience or knowledge about betting companies would be a strong advantage.
- Experience in using financial software such as QuickBooks is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (CFO - Betting) to email@example.com before Friday 5th February, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.