Central Cashier Officer
Our client currently operates more than 140 hypermarkets and supermarkets in over 15 countries with more than 25,000 employees from 70 nationalities.
- Put in methods and tools for optimizing welcoming of customers and their passage in cash counters.
- Organize the schedule of Cashiers.
- Assist the C.C.O Manager in motivating and training CCO staff.
- Assure the liaison between the team’s trade and the service to the customers.
- Assure the good functioning of the cash register system
- Deal with the grievances and complaints of C.C.O staff.
- Deal with complaints of customers.
- Ensure the collection of the sale cash deposit with compliance to CCO procedure
- Check and review all the daily reports with compliance to CCO procedure
- Ensure the execution of technical training of the new joiner staff then monitor their progress
- Ensure that all C.C.O assets are in good condition
- Supervises C.C.O staff
- Supervise personnel in charge of the cash registers service.
- Organize customers’ passage in cash registers and observe quality of services offered to customers in the stores.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of one’s self, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel
- Leadership and communication skills, Negotiation skills, Analytical mind, Result oriented and Team Management
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Finance and Banking
- Minimum 3 years in the same role with experience in the following:
- Cash handling
- Procedural execution
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before Monday, 5th February 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.