Position: Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Head of Sales & Carrier Relations
Department: Carrier Services
Role Purpose: The Business Development Manager is responsible for development of new business solutions to respond to the evolving carrier services market and coordinate their implementation to ensure that the intended objectives are met.
The role is also responsible for business coordination within the Carrier department, management and negotiation of IOT discount agreements with preferred roaming partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1.1 Operational: Carrier Business (incl. Planning):
- Must be focused on the development of new business opportunities and closing new accounts allowing Telkom Kenya to aggressively penetrate competitive accounts leading to long term business relationships
- Develop multi-level and multi-functional relationships (Wholesale & Carrier services, CEO, CFO, CIO, and other Business Unit Leaders) to drive data and voice solutions that provide value / benefit relative to the customer’s respective business needs; deepen and widen relationships with a longer term focus
- Plan approaches and pitches/ proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and partnerships (OTTs and Content providers).
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and delivery channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Execute the sales process by moving new opportunities successfully through the funnel - primary focus is on account planning
- As required provide concise and professional presentations to customer and Telkom Kenya Business Services management
- Ensure maximum customer exposure and response to business development requirements through a proactive approach of periodic reviews with key contacts within the organization
1.2 Operational: Roaming Business (incl. Planning):
- Handle IOT discount negotiations with preferred key roaming partners as roaming traffic increases for wholesale voice, SMS, and Data
- Responsible for Roaming Settlement: reporting, reviewing, sharing information and validation of the preferred IOT discount agreements as per set conditions
- Provide 2nd line support, maintenance, and related reporting on roaming
- Support Roaming Development Manager in the monitoring of roaming business
- Preferred Roaming List management and administration
- Performance reporting on business delivered by preferred roaming partners based on agreed parameters (% of traffic delivered and commitment levels)
- Support Roaming Development Manager in
- Preparing and following Roaming budget / investments
- Preparing weekly/monthly report on Revenue for In-roaming & out roaming customers.
- Achieving the Given Revenue Target.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- BSC in Computer Science/Engineering or B.Com
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business development and roaming (including troubleshooting network performance issues)
- IT, Network & carriers architecture knowledge
- Experience with data and financial clearinghouses
- Significant skills in project management and co-ordination.
- Experience in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
- Business knowledge particularly cash flows & financial justifications.
- Experience in vendor management, vendor selection and negotiation.
- Solid working knowledge of wireless services (airtime, LD, SMS, data)
- Engage and partner with customer at the Executive level
- Recognize and assess customer’s key business drivers and challenges
- Quantify and articulate costs/benefits of investment in strategic IT solutions
- Develop level of credibility that positions Telkom Carrier Services to collaborate on construction of customer business cases
- Ability to develop risk assessment documentation, which supports solution investment and quantifies bottom-line ROI
- Produce high quality written materials: Proposals, Business Cases, Organizational Plans, Presentations etc. conveying complex analysis and arguments concisely
- Extensive and strong business acumen with a deep strategic perspective and ability to quickly understand business strategy
- Broad understanding of Telecom services / technology
- Broad understanding of customer needs; business cases and how customer use our technology
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 3rd March 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.