Job Title: Assistant Finance and Administration Manager – Microfinance
Our client is a unique microfinance institution offering micro credit solutions, to positively transform the lives of their customers and other stakeholders.
They seek to hire a competent individual to fill the role of an Assistant Finance and Administration Manager.
Candidates working in the same position are encouraged to apply.
- Support the development and implementation of the Bank’s strategic and business plan
- Monitor performance against financial plans and provide relevant and timely information to the Board, Senior
- Provide accurate and timely periodic financial reports and other reports to the various stakeholders as per policy or on need basis
- Coordinate with the external auditors to ensure timely and expeditious facilitation external auditing requirement and statutory reporting of financial performance.
- Implement policies and procedures to guide the management of the investment portfolios in the bank.
- Ensure reliability and integrity of financial and operating information systems
- Assist in the supervision of budget preparation and consolidation of annual projections
- Manage balance between risk and return by maintaining a positive spread between the interest rates on earning assets and the interest cost of funds
- Manage all payments, and collection & banking of revenue
- Manage all capital expenditure and procurement for the bank
- Oversee funding requirements and liquidity management of the bank
- Safeguard cash balances and oversee inter branch transfers
- Ensure proper custody of security, deeds and other important documents
- Ensure that the organization does not suffer financial loss through fraud and error by ensuring that assets are safeguarded and by closely maintaining and monitoring efficient and adequate internal control systems
- Ensure that the organization is continuing to meet the grant compliance requirements and act as the liaison person with donors for financial reporting of grants.
- Ensure compliance with laid down conditions and terms pertaining to loan agreements with external financiers.
Skills and Qualifications desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting option) or Finance / Business Administration / Economics or related field.
- Training in microfinance or banking field will be an added advantage
- Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA finalist in related accounting, finance or audit field
- Member of ICPAK
- Thorough knowledge of financial services/Micro finance industry policies and regulatory requirements as relates to MFI institutions.
- Have 3 years relevant work experience in a similar position preferably in a financial environment
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Assistant Finance & Admin Manager - MFI) to email@example.com before Wednesday 10th February, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.