Job Title: Archivist
Period: 1 year Contract
Our client is a collaborative nonprofit initiative who facilitates research by providing logistical support to researchers with a focus in prehistory and related earth and natural science studies.
They are seeking to hire 4 dynamic ladies to fill the position of Archivists who will be responsible for collecting and preserving historic information.
- Authenticate and appraise historical documents and archival materials.
- Create and maintain accessible, retrievable computer archives and databases, incorporating current advances in electric information storage technology.
- Assist in arranging, cataloguing, exhibiting and maintaining collections of valuable materials.
- Locate new materials and direct their acquisition and display.
- Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
- Preserve records, documents, and objects, copying records to film, videotape, audiotape, disk, or computer formats as necessary.
- Research and record the origins and historical significance of archival materials.
- Coordinate educational and public outreach programs, such as tours, workshops, lectures, and classes.
- Administer policy guidelines concerning public access and use of materials.
- Provide reference services and assistance for users needing archival materials.
Qualifications and skills Desired
- Diploma in Library Science or a related field
- Highly proficient with Ms office suite
- Previous internship experience is a must
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Archivist) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 5th February, 2016
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted