The International Centre for Reproductive Health – Kenya (ICRHK) works in the area of sexual and reproductive health for general population, Key Populations (KPs) and gender based violence and human rights programs.
The International Centre for Reproductive Health - Kenya (ICRHK) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Accountant to support a USAID funded project in Mombasa according to established standards, policies and procedures of ICRH and the donor.
- Receive and review monthly field financial reports for consistency, completeness and accuracy of documentation and proper posting to the correct project budget item;
- Manage staff advances and accountability processes ensuring that activity advances are processed and accounted for as per policy; all records are input into the General Ledger in a timely and accurately manner.
- Manage the mobile money processing by preparing payment vouchers in support of payments for activity and travel advances.
- Assist in the month-end preparation and reporting tasks to ensure that reports are ready by the 5th working day of each month
- Coordinate and participate in periodical internal / external Audit and follow up on all issues raised in the management letter.
- Ensure that all processes and procurements adhere to organization policy, legal, contractual obligations, and USAID regulations;
- Ensure that expenditures meet donor compliance plans and regulations;
- Assist in preparation of project budgets with Chief Accountant.
- When applicable, review cost share documentation received from the field for compliance, completeness and accuracy; enter information into reporting documents;
- Verify receipt of all incoming bank transfers from donors.
- Set up a close out plan for the project;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field with a CPA (K) and registered member of ICPAK
- Three years’ experience managing USAID funded program in a large and busy international NGO.
- Solid experience with USAID rules & regulations in a donor funded organization
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft office packages
- Ability to organize time, manage a variety of tasks simultaneously and resolve routine problems independently
How to Apply
Applicants must fill a bio data form accessible on our website HERE
Application letter stating salary expectation and an up-to-date CV with names and addresses of three referees and telephone contacts should be submitted electronically to: Jobs@icrhk.org with subject: “Accountant”
The deadline for applications is 12th February 2016, 5pm
ICRHK is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community.