IBTCI seeks consultants who are experienced Writers to produce monthly reports which summarize and analyze raw data from third party monitoring of activities implemented by USAID - funded partners in Somalia.
The consultant must be either a Kenyan or American citizen, preferably based in Nairobi. Report writers will be expected to produce timely, well-written, logically structured and well-documented reports.
- Impeccable written English language skills with a proven ability to write succinctly, quickly and coherently to achieve high-quality written reports at the level required by USAID.
- Must have at least one year of experience with monitoring and evaluation or report writing for USAID-funded programs, either as a staff or consultant.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Medicine, English or relevant field.
- Must be able to work fast and with attention to details.
- Must be able to meet assigned deadlines in a pressured work environment.
- Must be a Kenyan or American citizen.
- Experience with proposal writing for USAID preferred.
- Experience with journalism and research writing preferred.
- Able to be flexible and adaptable as a writer, despite the quality of raw data received from Somali field teams.
- Experience with implementation of programs in health, WASH, food security and livelihoods would be very useful for this writing consultancy.
- Able to work independently and also within a team environment.
Deadline for applications: 29th January 2016
Applicants who meet the qualifications should send CV, cover letter and references to: email@example.com
Cover Letter must specify the details of at least one year of writing experience with a USAID program – in either monitoring and evaluation or report writing.
Please include the names, contact email and phone number of 3 references.
References must be current or previous employers.
ONLY pre-selected applicants will be contacted and invited to take a written test in
the IBTCI office, to assess report writing and analytical skills.