Ocean Basket is based at The Oval Westlands in Nairobi. We focus on bringing a new dimension to the Kenyan dining scene, since at our restaurant you'll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned money.
The following position is open for Application with a reasonable starting salary and a safe working environment.
Position: Waiting Staff
General overview of Duties and Responsibilities: We are seeking qualified applicants to join our professional restaurant team.
The successful candidate should have a strong ethic, be responsible for restaurant operations per their designation and ensuring our high standards level are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the restaurant for service.
- Greets guests at assigned tables and ensures that each guest has been explained to the available menu
- Takes order from the guest and puts through orders to Bar/Kitchen for preparation
- Collects orders when prepared and serves to guest
- Collects all dirty cutlery and crockery from the table once guests have completed their meal
- Offers desserts and coffee to guests
- Maintains a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance
- Ensure that all items received by the guest are charged for
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Minimum of two years working experience in a high ranking restaurant or hotel
- 20-25 years of Age
- A minimum grade of C in K.C.S.E
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills
- Excellent culinary expertise
- Superior food and beverage knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi task.
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality and a winning smile
- A team player
Kindly send your CV together with a cover letter and a passport size photo.
All candidates must state in the heading the job title being applied for.
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to (email@example.com) stating their current and expected gross remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of 3 referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.