Waiter and Waitresses
As a waiter / waitress you are an important member of the team and you will report to the Restaurant, Assistant Restaurant Manager and Head Waiter.
The waiter / waitress will have the most contact with the customer during their dining experience; therefore it is essential that the waiter is polite and courteous when welcoming guests into the dining room, during the service of the meal and must always remember to thank guests when they leave.
Any queries or question a customer may have, which the waiter cannot answer should be passed on to a supervisor.
It is extremely important that the waiter / waitress works as a team member, provides polite and efficient service at all times, in order to maintain the exceptional standard of service and quality that is required.
- Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
- Informs customers of daily specials, making recommendations upon request
- Serving & Clearing dishes, making sure the crockery is clean & polished before use
- Assisting in inventory for crockery, cutlery, linens etc for the restaurant
- Assisting customers in all their needs (ie. calling a taxi)
- Be responsible for your own work station and for your own uniforms
- Required to attended mandatory training sessions, restaurant meetings and briefing
- Responsible for coordinating entire station and communicating with front- and back-of-the-house personnel to provide a dining experience that meets or exceeds guest expectations
- Processes guest orders to ensure that all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis
- Present, open, and pour wine when serving guests
- Observes diners to ensure that guests are satisfied with the food and service
- Responds to additional requests and determines when the meal has been completed
- Preparing totals bills and accepts payment or refers guests to cashier
- May assist bus person with stocking, removing, and resetting dishes and silverware between courses and cleaning and resetting tables
- Assumes all duties given by the Restaurant Manager
- Reputable college training is a plus
- Min. 5 years experience with a minimum of 2 years fine dining experience
- Basic wine knowledge
- Right work attitude
- Strong social skills Should be a team player and willing to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
If you feel you fit the above role, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com