Position Title: Transport Manager
Function / Department: NTD Nairobi
Reports To: Logistics & Distribution Manager
Direct Reports / Supervises: TTD Fleet, Transport Administrators, Truck Planner, NTD fleet and Operations Assistant
Job Purpose: Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, sourcing, pricing and tracking transportation vehicles for optimal return on investment.
- Drive the design, development, organization ,implementation and management of transport solutions
- Coordinate and control the order cycle and associated information systems
- Ascertain industry/logistics best practices to identify new and/or unique programs and drive customer satisfaction
- Work in conjunction with various parties such as business development, field support and customer service to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Track, analyze and communicate key performance metrics.
- Ensure compliance with statutory & Company rules and regulations.
- Prepare, monitor and control the operational budget.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety standards, rules, government regulations and company policies and procedure
- Computer literacy
- Customer care
- 5 years in a Transport and supply chain management
- Result oriented
- Team leader / player
- Interpersonal relations
- Business Degree
- Diploma in Logistics and Distribution
- Bonds team
- Finance Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Workshop dept
- Legal dept
- Sea freight dept
- Airfreight dept
If this is the job for you then please email your CV to email@example.com by 1st Feb 2016