Baker Tilly Merali’s, Certified Public Accountants is an established Kenyan accounting firm formed in 1983 and has offices in London, Dubai, Kigali, Kampala and Mogadishu.
Its culture and growth are based on the principles of honesty, hard work and client satisfaction.
Our rapidly expanding practice in Nairobi has a vacancy for a Tax Manager.
We wish to strengthen our tax department and bring a more diversified set of skills to our firm so as to deliver enhanced value to our clients.
The role requires the incumbent to stay at the forefront of emerging technical issues and legislative developments so as to meet the requirements of our diverse client base.
This is a unique opportunity for the tax manager to work directly with the partners in Nairobi and regional offices.
The firm acts for clients in a wide range of sectors, including high net worth individuals, family businesses, listed clients, not for profits and international clients
The incumbent will report to the Tax Partner and will have the following responsibilities
- Head the tax department and develop an approach so as to resolve all client issues in a timely manner
- Develop solutions to handle client enquiries on emerging tax matters
- Carry out tax audits in accordance with terms of reference agreed and advise clients of potential tax exposure.
- Liaise with relevant tax authorities so as to sort out client tax affairs.
- Manage, train and coach team members
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
- Exposure to international tax issues such as double taxation relief and transfer pricing is a must
To qualify one must have appropriate qualifications and 3 years of tax experience in practice.
To apply, email your C.V to email@example.com no later than 31 January 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.