Ocean Basket is based at The Oval Westlands in Nairobi. We focus on bringing a new dimension to the Kenyan dining scene, since at our restaurant you'll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned money.
The following position is open for Application with a reasonable starting salary and a safe working environment.
Position: Saucier Chef
General overview of Duties and Responsibilities: We are seeking qualified applicants to join our professional restaurant team.
The successful candidate should have a strong ethic, be responsible for restaurant operations per their designation and ensuring our high standards level are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure spices and marinades are made for the shift Rice, Lemon butter, Lemons, Mussel Sauce.
- Keep the fridge clean and stocked according to daily levels
- Cutting of lemons
- Ensure that all items in the fridge are covered.
- Assist where needed with the plating of dishes and the actual preparation of dishes.
- Check all products before sending it out
- Preparing correct portions using the right
- Confirm stock levels from Filleting and store rooms.
- Check food quality and product consistency
- Follow weekly and master cleaning schedules for grill line Follow all correct HACCP procedure
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Minimum of two years working experience in a high ranking restaurant or hotel
- 20-25 years of Age
- A minimum grade of C in K.C.S.E
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills
- Excellent culinary expertise
- Superior food and beverage knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi task.
- Can work under pressure
- A team player
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality and a winning smile
Kindly send your CV together with a cover letter and a passport size photo.
All candidates must state in the heading the job title being applied for.
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to (email@example.com) stating their current and expected gross remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of 3 referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.