Republic of Kenya
The National Land Commission
Pursuant to the provision of Article 67 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and National Land Commission Act No.5 of 2012, the Commission invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of:
Members to the County Land Management Board
Candidates from Nambale and Teso South Sub counties are specifically encouraged to apply
Duration of Service: The members to the county land management board shall hold office for a term of five (5) years and shall not be eligible for re-appointment.
To qualify for the appointment as a member of the board a person shall be:
- Be a citizen of Kenya and should be above 18 years of age
- Hold a Degree in one of the following areas:
- Land and Natural Resources
- Agricultural and related fields
- Land Economics /Real Estate
- Land use Planning
- Social Sciences
- Any other related /relevant field
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Ordinarily a resident of the county where the board is being established
Duties of the County Land Management Board Member(s)
In the performance of their functions the county Land Management Board shall be subject to the Physical Planning and Survey acts and any other relevant statutes.
The duties of the board shall include:
- Processing of the transactions to be approved by the Commission, allocation of public land, change of user, extension of user, subdivision of public land, renewal of leases,
- Inspecting all the public land allotment in order to ensure that they adherence to Physical Planning requirements.
- Encouraging use of Alternative and Traditional Dispute Resolution (ADR & TDR) mechanisms in land dispute.
- Perform any other functions assigned by the commission or by any written law.
How to Apply
Applicants for Member County Land Management Board positions should indicate on their application letter and envelope their Sub - County of residence.
The applications inclusive of (CV, Copies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, up to date Clearance Certificates from KRA, EACC, CRB, CID and HELB) should be hand delivered or to be sent to the offices of the Secretary/CEO, National Land Commission /or Secretary, Busia County Land Management Board, Faridi Plaza (Formerly Butete Building), Busia so as to reach on or before 29th January, 2016 at 5.00pm
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission
1st Ngong Avenue, Ardhi House
12th Floor, Room 1205
P.O Box 44417-00100
NB: The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.