Position Title: QHSE & Facilities Manager - Kenya
Function / Department: Quality
Reports To: MD Kenya
Reports To: MD Kenya
Direct Supervises: QHSE Manager-Mombasa, QHSE Coordinators
Job Purpose: To coordinate and pilot all Q-HSE and facilities maintenance related activities in Kenya
1. Monitor Client operations in compliance with Labor laws and Q-HSE legislation
- Ensure identification, monitoring and review of relevant Q-HSE legislation and regulation
- Secure the legal compliance check is conducted at least once a year.
- Ensure in collaboration with the Legal Department that all Legal Management relating to Q-HSE is maintained
- Advice on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental legislation changes if operations will be affected significantly
2. Monitor Supplier Q-HSE performance
- Conduct Supplier assessments, follow up the Supplier performance and provide and provide feedback on evaluation findings to relevant business/ project managers
3. Apply and facilitate execution of QHSE policies and directives
- Drive Q-HSSE management review at least once a year
- Guide implementation of risk assessment process within the organization and provide support with analysis based on the outcome of the results
- Ensure that Q-HSE audits, assessments and inspections are conducted periodically
- Follow up on results of external audits and secure that the corrective actions are set up, executed and closed .
4. Manage Q-HSSE reporting and incident management
- Ensure that incidents are reported and investigated according to Q-HSE procedures in a timely manner.
- Prepare incident statistics and trends and report on a monthly basis.
5. Provide functional Q-HSE expertise
- Define, in collaboration with HR Manager, the QHSE training Plan in accordance with the law.
- Manage relationships with authorities on Q-HSE related issues
- Manage the implementation of OHS Campaigns and promotions.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of resource use, pollution reduction, waste management, environmental health, risk assessment and employee involvement
6. Facilities Management
- Carry out facilities Inspection and develop both preventive and corrective maintenance schedules.
- Establish and oversee a Facilities Helpdesk function for reporting and tracking of facilities-related user needs and resolution of reported problems within the facilities
- participate in the evaluation/selection of bidders responding to RFIs, RFPs, or other contract bidding processes as needed in the building facilities.
- Carry out Measurement and preparation of bills of quantities and specifications for refurbishments repair and maintenance works.
- Vet new contractors and suppliers to ensure professionalism and quality workmanship
- Log and prepare the appropriate reports on progress of all repairs accurately and provide feedback to Management
- Receive, review and record all the Building Manuals required and ensure compliance with the building codes.
- Customer care
- Computer literacy
- 5 years in a similar role
- Team player
- Masters Degree in a Science related Field
- Working knowledge of Management Systems e.g. QMS ISO 9001, EMS ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Certificate in Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
- All staff
- Govt Regulatory bodies
- Certification bodies
- Calibration bodies
- National Industrial Training Authority
- Training Institutions and Companies.
- Equipment maintenance Companies.
Extent of Authority:
- Stop work that is considered unsafe
- Stop purchase and entry of non compliant equipment into the company
If this is the job for you then please email your CV to email@example.com by 1st Feb 2016