Vacancy: Media Interns (2)
Educational Technology and Learning Resources (ET&LR) Unit
1.0. Introduction: The African Virtual University (AVU) is a Pan African Intergovernmental Organization established by charter with the mandate of significantly increasing access to quality higher education and training through the innovative use of information communication technologies.
A Charter, establishing the AVU as an Intergovernmental Organization, has been signed so far by nineteen (19) African Governments - Kenya, Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Cote d’Ivonst, Tanzanna, Mozambnqrt, Dtmopsatnp Rturblnp of Congo, Btnnn, Goana, Rturblnp of Guinea, Burkina Faso, Niger, South Sudan, Sudan, The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Ethiopia and Cape Verde.
The AVU has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a Regional office in Dakar Senegal with Host-Country Agreements and Diplomatic Status with the two governments.
AVU is currently engaged in a MultiNational Project II, funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented in 21 African countries with 27 participating institutions.
Background to ET&LR: The Educational Technology & Learning Resources (ET&LR) unit at AVU coordinates the various Open Distance and eLearning activities of the Multinational Project Phase II.
The ET&LR unit is currently looking for two media interns to assist in the multimedia resources development process. These positions are also intended to help African youth gain practical experience to help transition to the workplace.
2.0. Scope of Work
The ET&LR Media Interns will help AVU staff perform the following functions:
- Assist in the preparation of multimedia materials;
- Assist in formatting and copying digital files;
- Assist in maintaining our online catalogue of photos on Flicker;
- Assist in editing photographs;
- Assist in editing videos;
- Assist in media production tasks;
- The ET&LR Media Intern shall perform other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
- Studies in Media, Information Technology or Digital Media (preference will be given to candidates with completed or almost completed Bachelor degrees);
- Fluent in English (preference will be given to candidates who can also speak French or Portuguese);
- Familiarity with online learning;
- Experience using Adobe CC software: Premiere, Illustrator, Indesign, AfterEffects, Lightroom;
- Keen on and pays attention to detail;
- Ability to learn quickly and work well within a team;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
- Flexibility and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
4.0. Modalities of Work: The ET&LR Media Interns are expected to work during office hours from Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 05:30pm.
5.0 Duration: The positions for the two media interns are temporary for a nominal period of three with a possibility of extension for an additional 3 months.
6.0 Reporting: The ET&LR Media Interns will report to and be supervised by the Educational Video Technologist and will work closely with other AVU staff members.
How to Apply
How to Apply
The African Virtual University (AVU) is an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will be appointed for an initial period of 3 months.
Application must include an application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with a telephone number and email address; and names with contact addresses of three professional references.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and must have Media Intern as the email subject
The successful candidate will be based at the AVU Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
The closing date for this application is 10th February 2016 at 18:00 East African Time (UTC/GMT + 3)
Note: ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.