Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Its mission is to be the leading humanitarian organization in Kenya delivering excellent quality service of preventing and alleviating human suffering.
The Society is the Principal Recipient of Global Fund HIV Grant and seeks to fill the following positions:
Position Title: Regional Programme Coordinator (4 posts)
Reporting to: Head of Special Programmes
Job location: Eldoret, Nakuru, Kisumu & Homabay
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Special Programmes, the Regional Programme Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and providing strategic and visionary leadership with full operational responsibility in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategies to effectively address emerging issues, risks and opportunities related to the Global Fund programme in their respective Regions.
S/he will spearhead the implementation of strategic capacity enhancement processes as well as review the PR and the Sub recipients’ performance to ensure effective utilisation of physical, financial and human resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to staff in the Region and assigned sub recipients in project management to ensure efficient and effective program delivery.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of the Sub recipient’s budgets and other contractual documents and ensure timely disbursements of funds to sub-recipients.
- Ensure realization of verifiable and full reporting for all contract deliverables and the project realizes full contract compliance in relation to M&E functions
- Ensure proper management and accountability of funds in line with financial and budgetary policies and procedures of GF in the region and assigned Sub recipients.
- Provide leadership in ensuring Programme Quality and alignment to National Policies, Guidelines and strategies in the Region.
- Coordinate the design, development, implementation and evaluation of capacity building programmes aimed at strengthening SRs and communities with capacity to manage Comprehensive HIV/AIDS programmes.
- Supervise the GF programme staff both at the region and SR level to ensure quality and consistency of programme delivery.
- Ensure adequate data quality is maintained in the region by ensuring accurate, complete and reliable datasets and reports are submitted to HQ.
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of programme activities to identify gaps, constraints and challenges that should be taken into account in order to develop and implement more innovative and integrated programming for each target population.
- Ensure proper documentation of innovative approaches and best practices for dissemination and sharing experiences to promote repeat applications or scaling-up in different community settings.
- Maintain strong relationship with all key stakeholders in the region and provide the link between the GF program and the Region Management team.
- Ensure compliance to the rules and regulations regarding logistics and procurement as stipulated in the Kenya Red Cross Society as well as Sub Recipients policy.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans to improve organisational effectiveness
- Foster relevant networks and strategic collaborations with key stakeholders, respective county governments and implementing partners among others.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in Community, Public Health (MPH) or equivalent qualifications with certificate in project management
- Over five (5) years’ experience in Grants and Project Management.
- Previous work in HIV and/or Health grant programs will be an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge of HIV management, trends and goals at national, regional and international levels aimed at preventing and alleviating HIV related human suffering
- Demonstrated technical expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, resource management, implementation ability as well as programme monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to initiate and manage change and to recognize and adjust to rapidly changing conditions in order to align programmes to the GF strategic plan.
- Ability to foster teamwork and communication among staffs, Sub Recipients and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and political issues
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Accounting Software, word processing, spreadsheets, data-base, email and utilization of the internet
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 6th February 2016.
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,