A new Hotel based in Nairobi is looking for a General Manager to oversee the operations of the Hotel.
- He/ she will oversee the running of the hotel and ensure the patrons are comfortable and they enjoy their stay.
- He / she should always be attentive and compassionate to guests’ requests and complaints.
- He / she will oversee operations of the other departments, kitchen, service, procurement and accounts.
- He / she will be in charge that the other employees are performing their daily duties as required and will report to the management on a daily or weekly basis to share information regarding operations and goals.
- He / she will also help to resolve any problems, make reservations, and monitor the cash flow of the front desk. Work closely with the Director in overseeing the management of the Hotel.
- Ensure all cadres of staff deliver excellent customer service, at all times, ensuring guests’ comfort and safety
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests on request.
- Propose and implement effective marketing strategies to maintain and grow clientele.
- Provide reports, as required, for hotel management.
- Complete rotas for your team weekly; manage and maintain correct staffing levels in line with targets and seasons / festivities.
- Complete all required health and safety/fire checks on time.
- He / she should have experience in the same field of 5 Years and above and especially in a busy hotel in the same position.
- He should have a degree or a diploma in Hotel Management from Utalii college.
- He / she should be a fast learner and able to adapt to new environments fast.
- He / she should be a great team player and able to multi-task.
- He / she should be aged 30 – 40 years.
- He / she should possess excellent problem – solving skills and top notch professionalism.
- He / she needs to possess helpful customer service skills and remain calm and collected even when events become hectic.
This position demands working long hours including weekends and holidays and one should be prepared to be always on call.
Salary is negotiable based on skills and experience.
Kindly send your application with a short written testimonial of your greatest achievement (at Most Half a page) and expected salary to email@example.com by 9th January 1016.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The candidate will be based in Nairobi.