Ocean Basket is based at The Oval Westlands in Nairobi. We focus on bringing a new dimension to the Kenyan dining scene, since at our restaurant you'll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned money.
The following position is open for Application with a reasonable starting salary and a safe working environment.
Position: Fryer Chef
General overview of Duties and Responsibilities: We are seeking qualified applicants to join our professional restaurant team.
The successful candidate should have a strong ethic, be responsible for restaurant operations per their designation and ensuring our high standards level are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking food quality and consistency always
- Ensure that enough batter mix, spices and dry mixes is prepared daily
- Ensure that oil is filtered and tested, ready for use
- Clean fryer daily according to instructions
- Ensure that back up oil is available to top up when needed
- Ensure that the working area is clean, that you have all the utensils needed and that your uniform is clean and neat
- Ensure that all oil management procedures are followed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Minimum of two years working experience in a high ranking restaurant or hotel
- 20-25 years of Age
- A minimum grade of C in K.C.S.E
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills
- Excellent culinary expertise
- Superior food and beverage knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi task.
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality and a winning smile
- Should be a team player
- Should be able to withstand pressure
- Should be able to work under minimum supervision
Kindly send your CV together with a cover letter and a passport size photo. All candidates must state in the heading the job title being applied for.
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating their current and expected gross remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of 3 referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.