University of Maryland
School of Medicine
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an affiliate of University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
UMB has a Global Health Program which is delivered through the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) and housed by various institutes among them the Institute of Human Virology (IHV).
Since 2004, IHV has partnered with the governments of Kenya, Guyana, Haiti, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia to address each country’s growing HIV and AIDS epidemics.
The Institute has led efforts to build National Health Systems in each country via strategic international, national, and local collaborations through the design and implementation of unique education, training, and treatment programs addressing each country’s complex HIV/AIDS epidemics.
In Kenya, UMB through the Institute of Human Virology started operations in 2004 under the AIDS Relief Project consortium funded by Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through HRSA/CDC. This was the beginning of UMB’s work in Kenya which has seen implementation of 11 grants to-date.
MGIC seeks candidates for multiple positions for an anticipated $22,000, 000 health service delivery program that will support implementation and expansion of comprehensive HIV prevention, Care & Treatment programs; establish systems for quality assurance and improvement; and support strengthening of county and sub county systems for sustainable HIV service delivery.
“These positions are subject to project award and funding”
“All these positions will be based in the western region”
Reporting to the Administration Officer the driver will be responsible for facilitating timely, efficient and safe transportation of authorized persons and/or parcels to designated places; and ensure organization’s vehicles are well maintained in a clean and mechanically sound condition, within the legal requirements of the Government of Kenya.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Read and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service.
- Present safety briefing to passenger prior to each trip departure.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times.
- Keep the assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside
- Maintain accurate, up to date records on trip sheets, vehicle maintenance, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records.
- Fuel assigned vehicle and perform minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required.
- Coordinate the schedule for vehicles maintenance with staff to minimize services interruptions.
- Ensure that the vehicle has all required registrations/ licensing and inspections, and that necessary documentation is retained with the vehicle.
- Undertaking basic servicing of vehicles by routine checking of oil, brakes, etc; and ensuring preventative maintenance is undertaken.
- Monitoring breakdowns and report to designated officer for corrective action.
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of the assigned vehicle(s).
- Auto mechanic, administrative experience and basic computer knowledge, will be an added advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Report writing skills and ability to read maps.
- S/he should have a clean driving license, Certificate of good conduct and at least 3 years active driving experience.
- ‘O’ level certificate, college certificate will be an added advantage.
- First Aid Certificate.
How to Apply
If you meet the above mentioned qualifications, you are requested to send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 17, 2016.
Candidates are requested to indicate the title of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.