United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS)
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Open Vacancy: Driver - GL2 / Individual Contractor
Vacancy Notice No: UNSOS/TPT/123/2015/MOMBASA
Candidates are to be evaluated for placement to a permanent roster of available individuals to be engages from time to time as operational needs require, for periods of service generally not exceeding six (6) continuous months at any one time.
Under supervision of Transport Officer the incumbent will provide the services of light vehicles:
- drive office vehicle to transport UNSOS staff, authorized personnel and visitors;
- deliver/collect pouches, mail, documents;
- ensure daily maintenance of assigned vehicles including minor repairs arrangements and keep vehicle clean at all times;
- ensure vehicle is used in accordance to UN operation procedures;
- maintain logbook for daily mileage, fuel consumption, change oil and greasing and passenger names;
- ensure availability of required documents /supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration and log book, office directory, maps, first aid kit and spare parts;
- other duties as required
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. A clean and valid license
Experience: Four (4) year experience as a driver with a clean and safe driving record
Languages Skills: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations for the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required
Qualified candidates may submit their applications using the United Nations Personal History form (P 11) to the email address:
on or before the deadline.
The P11 is on the http://www.unon.org/content/employment-opportunities.
Deadline: 07 January 2016
The United Nations shall place no restriction on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (applications, interview, meeting, processing or training).
Human Resources Section, Block S, Ground Floor,
United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) - Gigiri,
P.O. Box 67578 Code 00200,
Tel. No. +254-738976080/413506120,
Fax No. +254-207625397