The International Peace Support Training Centre (IPSTC) was established to enhance operational capacity for peacekeeping through training, education and research for the benefit of military, police, and civilian staff.
The centre wishes to engage a competent candidate on a contractual basis in the following position:
Post Title: Directing staff
Type of Appointment: 1 year contract, Level 4
Duration: 1 year
Direct Supervision: Through the Chief Instructor to the Commandant
Salary: Kshs 181,543 – Gross Monthly.
Job Purpose: This position is located in training department IPSTC. Reporting directly Through the Chief Instructor to the Commandant, the successful candidates will prepare and deliver quality training lectures in areas related to Police, gender, Civilian and Military for Peace Support Operation with focus on Eastern Africa region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Coordination of academic and workshop training programmes in Peace Support Operation with particular focus on Eastern Africa region;
- Prepare and deliver quality training lectures in areas related to Police, Civilian and Military for Peace Support Operation with focus on Eastern Africa region;
- Responsible for development of training/learning materials, preparing training programs and maintaining records to monitor training outputs;
- Participate in departmental and school meetings and workshops aimed at sharing training outcomes and building interdepartmental collaboration within and outside the school;
- Write and approve lecture materials and hand-outs and presentations in lectures, workshops and symposium to facilitate quality delivery of training programs to Police, Civilians and Military for Peace Support Operation;
- Active member of the institutes’ planning team to determine training program for the IPSTC training calendar;
- Participate in the development of curriculum in collaboration with the Curriculum Development Officers;
- Assist in the design, development and delivery of the Centre’s programmes;
- Assist in the production of a quarterly IPSTC newsletter;
- Liaise with relevant institutions, academic, I/NGOs and research institutes etc., with a view to increasing IPSTC’s “network of gender experts;”
- Develop cutting edge training tools and methodologies so as to meet the institution’s standards as a centre of excellence;
- Remain abreast of contemporary adult learning principles with a view to developing relevant training tools and methodologies for associated training events; and
- Develop a roster of training experts/facilitators in gender and related subject areas.
Education & Experience
- Must have training development experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Work independently without daily supervision.
- Must be a Gender expert in the field of Peace and Security
- Good grasp and ability to deliver on other peace, conflict and security related subjects.
- Mission experience including UN/AU mandates roles of Police, Civilian and Military would be an added advantage.
Skills, abilities and personal attributes
- Ability to prepare and deliver lectures to high level professionals with diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines;
- Proactive, initiative, with excellent networking and collaborative skills;
- Ability to conceptualise, design, develop and undertake structured evaluation and review of training projects and programs;
- Good report writing analytical skills;
- Public speaking and excellent presentation skills;
- Effective team leadership skills;
- Ability to continuously monitor and acquire new knowledge on relevant peace and security trends and developments.
- Males and Non-Kenyans are encouraged to apply for this position
How to Apply:
Applications including cover letter, CVs, copies of relevant certificates, current remuneration and expected remuneration as well as current notice period should be addressed to the:
International Peace Support Training Centre
Westwood Park, Karen
P O Box 24232 - 00502
Or emailed to: email@example.com
Deadline for submitting applications is 15th Feb 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to undergo a selection board interview.