Ocean Basket is based at The Oval Westlands in Nairobi. We focus on bringing a new dimension to the Kenyan dining scene, since at our restaurant you'll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned money.
The following position is open for Application with a reasonable starting salary and a safe working environment.
Position: Deli Hand Chef
General overview of Duties and Responsibilities: We are seeking qualified applicants to join our professional restaurant team.
The successful candidate should have a strong ethic, be responsible for restaurant operations per their designation and ensuring our high standards level are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all items are dated on arrival
- Ensure clean serving spoons into the salads, sauces, feta and olives
- Check that there are sufficient side plates, bowls and cutlery
- Prepare all salads, deli starters and sauces
- Ensure that there is enough take away containers for the day
- Clean and sterilize all knives and cutting boards
- Follow weekly and master cleaning schedules for deli section
- Take salads out of cold room, remove plastic and check for freshness and quality.
- Ensure that your deli display looks appetizing and clean
- Ensure that you are wearing the correct uniform and that it is clean and neat
- Place salads in Deli fridge with a serving spoon
- Ensure enough cut feta according to specifications
- Check sauces: Tartar, Garlic, and Chili. Remove from containers, wash and dry and refill sauces.
- Check that there are no watermarks on side plates, bowls and cutlery and that there are sufficient.
- Tartar sauce – prep as needed.
- Check that there is enough take away containers for salads and sauces
- Ensure that Calamari salads are prepped for the day.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Minimum of two years working experience in a high ranking restaurant or hotel
- 20-25 years of Age
- A minimum grade of C in K.C.S.E
- Exceptional communication skills and great customer service skills
- Excellent culinary expertise
- Superior food and beverage knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multi task.
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality and a winning smile
- Ability to work under pressure
Kindly send your CV together with a cover letter and a passport size photo.
All candidates must state in the heading the job title being applied for.
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to (email@example.com) stating their current and expected gross remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of 3 referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.