Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an affiliate of University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
UMB has a Global Health Program which is delivered through the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) and housed by various institutes among them the Institute of Human Virology (IHV).
Since 2004, IHV has partnered with the governments of Kenya, Guyana, Haiti, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia to address each country’s growing HIV and AIDS epidemics.
The Institute has led efforts to build National Health Systems in each country via strategic international, national, and local collaborations through the design and implementation of unique education, training, and treatment programs addressing each country’s complex HIV/AIDS epidemics.
In Kenya, UMB through the Institute of Human Virology started operations in 2004 under the AIDS Relief Project consortium funded by Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through HRSA/CDC.
This was the beginning of UMB’s work in Kenya which has seen implementation of 11 grants to-date.
MGIC seeks candidates for multiple positions for an anticipated $22,000, 000 health service delivery program that will support implementation and expansion of comprehensive HIV prevention, Care & Treatment programs; establish systems for quality assurance and improvement; and support strengthening of county and sub county systems for sustainable HIV service delivery.
“These positions are subject to project award and funding”
The Data Manager will be responsible for handing data collected from University of Maryland’s supported health facilities and programs.
He/she will be responsible for data cleaning and entry, data analysis and development of databases to accommodate the program needs.
He/she will part of the Strategic Information team and report to the Strategic Information Advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of data from facilities including data cleaning, standardization and data entry into project database for reporting.
- Development and updating of data collection tools.
- Ensure that data systems are operational and updated.
- Data reconstruction and computerization from source documents.
- Development of databases for program supported activities as needed.
- Data analysis.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for dissemination to program teams.
- College Diploma with a specialisation in Health Records and Information, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Public Health Informatics, Statistics or Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- More than 3 years’ work experience in handing health related health information systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills including advanced MS excel and MS Access.
- Database development.
How to Apply
If you meet the above mentioned qualifications, you are requested to send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by January 13, 2016.
Candidates are requested to indicate the title of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.