Vacancy: Country Programme Manager - AAH-I Somalia
Work Location: Nairobi, with frequent travel to Somalia’s South Central, Somaliland and Puntland regions
About Action Africa Help International: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an African-led, regional organisation, working in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zambia.
It brings over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people, host communities and communities in urban slums.
AAH-I is looking for a suitable candidate who will lead the strategy and team in Somalia to contribute to AAH-I’s Mission and Vision.
S/he will ensure that funds are raised to deliver this vision and that work is implemented to the quality and other standards as set out in AAH-I’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- A Master’s degree in the social sciences with significant experience in either humanitarian relief, public health or development projects management;
- Proven track record of leadership, with at least 8 years progressive senior management experience
- Proven track record of resource mobilization, supervising complex programmes funded by major multilateral or bilateral donor agencies;
- Demonstrated field leadership in strategic program and project development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Excellent diplomatic skills and ability to create positive relations with senior government officials, heads of diplomatic missions, international organisations, NGOs and CBOs to enhance AAH-I’s programmes;
- Experience with financial management and compliance with donor requirements.
- Entrepreneurial orientation, self-starter able to work independently and cope with demanding work situations in complex setting.
The full Job Description is available on the AAH-I website:www.actionafricahelp.org
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 12th February, 2016.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.