Vacancy: Communications Co-ordinator
FSD Africa (FSDA) is a regional financial sector development programme operating across sub-Saharan Africa.
Funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID), FSDA’s goal is to reduce poverty by boosting financial inclusion and helping financial institutions and markets drive economic growth.
Reporting to FSDA’s Chief Operating Officer and Regional Co-ordinator, the Communications Co-ordinator role provides an excellent opportunity to work on both strategic and operational aspects of communications for financial market development in sub-Saharan Africa.
Based in Nairobi, the successful candidate will be challenged to think tactically and build an effective communications platform for FSDA.
This work will take place in collaboration with key partners across East Africa and beyond, including financial institutions, national government agencies, international development organisations and the FSD Network.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering a comprehensive but practical communications platform for FSDA
- Supporting the design and delivery of communications platforms for FSD Network members
- Fostering a vibrant FSD Network Working Group for communications
- Developing and managing innovative tools and channels to capture and share FSDA and FSD Network ideas and impact
Key competencies and experience will include:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of strategic communications
- Extensive experience of developing and operating communications platforms and activities
- Excellent knowledge and experience of training and coaching others in strategic communications
The successful candidate will be a natural communicator, highly team and people-orientated, flexible, creative, motivated and goal focussed.
The role is based in Nairobi, Kenya with regular travel within Africa.
For the detailed job profile, visit our website:http://www.fsdafrica.org/about-fsd-africa/vacancies/
To apply, send a one-page cover letter and two-page CV to email@example.com by 1200 (EAT) on or before Friday, 19 February 2016.
The email should contain “FSDA Communications Co-ordinator” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FSDA is an equal opportunity employer