Vacancy in an Investment Holding Company
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Background: Our client is one of Africa's most successful diversified investment holding companies.
Based in Nairobi, it is renowned for its interest in strategic regional investments ultimately aimed at improving communities and restoring human dignity.
It has cemented its position as Africa's foremost value investor, with its strategic emphasis on identifying optimal opportunities to invest and realize value from key economic sectors within the African Continent.
We seek to recruit an experienced, competent and self-motivated individual with excellent leadership skills, who will form the core team that will deliver on our strategic intent to fill the following position:
Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Job Summary: The CCO will drive development and execution of a commercialization strategy for the Group, build a commercialization infrastructure for the organization to drive strategic business opportunities and be responsible for revenue growth within the Group and take a global perspective of the opportunities and lead in the assessment and prioritization of the whole commercial team.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Deliver strategic leadership for defining the commercial path for the Group.
- Responsible for overall revenue generation targets.
- Overseeing the commercial team targets delivery.
- Lead the development of the Group's marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving market penetration and commercial growth with a particular emphasis on margins and wallet share generation.
- Develop and implement the Group's commercial strategy across the market.
- Monitor the segmented sectors to ensure that the company identifies and optimizes a clear path to aggressive market share.
- Assess, build and manage necessary channels capable of delivering on the Group's growth objectives on revenue generation.
- Develop a strategy and provide leadership for business development opportunities.
- Originate and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company's strategy for revenue growth.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Strategic Management/ Marketing/ International Business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- At least 10 years hands-on experience in strategic and marketing roles.
- Must be a member of Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK)
- Membership to Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) will be an added advantage.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in developing & executing successful commercialization strategies in early-stage companies.
- Strong and demonstrated strategic thinking skills
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to be hands-on & strategic.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the “job title” as the subject heading.
This should only include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae with three (3) professional referees (as one MS Word or PDF document).
DO NOT attach copies of certificates/testimonials.
Include your current and expected remuneration package in the cover letter.
Kindly follow these instructions to avoid disqualification of your application.
Note that the deadline for submission of applications is Friday 22nd January 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.