Centre Manager (Nakuru, Nanyuki, Meru, Mombasa)
Industry: Health Care
Our Client, an international NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a Centre Manager for their offices in the above stated regions.
1. Business Management
- Business planning and development: Prepare annual business plans with SMART objectives and strategic plans of how to achieve them. Continually assess all areas of the service provided to clients to ensure continued financial viability and take tough decisions where services are deemed non-viable.
- Increasing productivity and product margin: Continually review the efficiency of the centre, especially with regards to the core services for the organization.
- Financial Management: Monitor income and expenditure, seeking support from Finance as required, and take appropriate action to ensure financial KPIs are met.
- Marketing: Instill a marketing culture with teams so that everyone is aware of their individual responsibility for the success of their centre. Agree marketing activities with the centre marketing champion and the Marketing team. Strengthening appropriate referrals with other RHN providers, CHWs and pharmacies within the region.
2. Operational Management
- Optimise client numbers: Optimise capacity within the centre by efficiently managing human resources; continually reviewing the effectiveness of systems and working practices; and maintaining an effective client flow to minimise client wait times.
- Compliance to the national healthcare guidelines and MSI protocols: Ensure compliance with national minimum healthcare standards taking immediate action where appropriate on any areas identified for improvements as a result of internal or external audits or inspections.
- Contingency planning: Ensure there is an appropriate plan in place which anticipates any risks to your centre and outlines appropriate action to be taken to minimise impact
- Stock management: Ensure no over/under- stocking and also that stock is well handled
- Health and Safety: Take overall responsibility for team, client and general safety in the Centre and as a consequence of its activities.
- IT management: Utilisation and close supervision of the Client Information Center software (CLIC)
3. Quality Management
- Quality management: Promote and maintain the quality management systems
- Client feedback : Ensure client feedback and prompt conclusion to potential clients complaints
4. People Management
- Motivation of team: Engage and motivate all team members within the centre so that they understand and work to achieve centre objectives and KPIs and so that their role has a positive impact on the centre’s success.
- Performance management: Take an active approach to managing the performance of all team members by providing honest feedback on performance; providing formal reviews at least annually; setting appropriate objectives; ensuring appropriate behaviours are discussed and appropriate training plans are put in place.
- Induction: Clearly define structured local induction plans to ensure new team members understand the requirements of their role and have appropriate training to do the job. Ensure that all new team members attend corporate induction within the first 3 months of starting.
- Discipline of team: Take immediate and appropriate action in the event of misconduct or serious underperformance of team members, seeking support from People & Development Department as required and ensuring action is in line with our HR policies.
- Communication: Put in place mechanisms for effectively communicating with team members ensuring that the approaches used provide opportunities for two-way discussion. Promote a feedback culture within the team.
- Learning and development: Create a learning environment to ensure your team members have the appropriate skills to deliver service excellence; assess and forward plan for training needs, getting appropriate support from the Learning & Development function and ensure attendance on mandatory/planned courses.
- Personal development: Actively take responsibility for own development including ownership of own training and keeping skills and knowledge up to date, seeking support as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Health or Business Administration (combination of related education and operational experience in a health care organization may be substituted for Bachelor Degree in Health or Business Administration
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of healthcare.
- Significant operational, hands on management including team management gained within a customer focused service industry
- Healthcare management experience
- Have held, worked to and/or monitored a budget or business plan
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 15th January, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line.