Job Summary: The incumbent of position will carry out financial data capturing and manipulation to generate financial reports.
He will be responsible for the statutory returns, payroll and the petty cash management.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day bookkeeping and filing.
- Keep records of all the debtors and creditors and post all the transactions made into the system.
- Carry out bank reconciliations.
- In charge of issuing receipts for payments received.
- Process cheque payments to suppliers and consultants.
- Carry out banking duties such as depositing cheques and cash.
- Reconciling bank statements.
- Chasing late payments, reporting bad debts and keeping a careful eye on the cash flow.
- Review & approve payment vouchers.
- Invoicing and follow up.
- Maintaining ledgers/journals for all financial transactions.
- Monthly management reports and analysis of timesheets and accounts.
- Attend financial meetings with the Managing Director and give updates to assist in decision making.
- Develop and maintain a financial data base.
- Producing an accurate set of month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods in liaison with the contracted Auditors.
- Preparation of payroll.
- Prepare statutory deductions such as PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and VAT in liaison with the contracted Auditors.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies.
- Preparing profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet for senior management.
- Assisting in preparing budgets and business planning, including projected revenue.
Project Accounting and Cost Control
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives.
- Cost control.
- Cash-flow management and reporting to management.
- Prepare the financial reports for projects and monthly financial projections
- Ensure project timesheets and timesheets are completed by project team.
- To ensure that all the statutory requirements are adhered to and all the submissions are made on time and as required.
- Submit itax payments
- Ensure that tax compliance is implemented.
- Proficient in QuickBooks and similar tools.
- Knowledge of real estate investment and financial appraisal would be an added advantage.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience preferably in real estate or professional services company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Real Estate management qualification / experience.
Send your applications to: email@example.com