The procurement manager will be responsible for the procurement of commodities through development and implementation of commodity strategy plans and management of supplier relationship.
The successful candidate must have relevant experience in managing purchase operations of products, goods related to food production, catering and facilities management.
- Plans, organize, direct and controls activities related to the procurement function by implementing procurement strategy and policy and forecast procurement needs.
- Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of storeroom and central supply personnel engaged in receiving, issuing, and delivering supplies and equipment.
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and prepares market analysis reports.
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Oversees all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
- Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
Keys Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or any other related field.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing purchase operations of products, goods related to food production, catering and facilities management.
- Must have excellent customer focus, ability to work under pressure.
Qualified candidates to forward their Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org