University of Nairobi
Vacancy: Assistant Project Officer
Applicants should be holders of at least a Diploma in Communication, Information Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution with five (5) years experience in communications, web design, content and project management and social media with interest in social media for corporate image.
They should have the following skills:
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Project management skills to assess appropriate priorities and organize workload multiple assignments
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with varying levels of management, team player with ability to prioritize multiple projects but also work independently once given direction
- Graphic design skills particularly in layout and typography
- Ability to create and edit short videos
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Specifically the person will be doing communication and providing backlink for the University/UNESCO/UNITWIN Chair’s website.
The appointment will be on a one year contract renewable on mutual agreement and subject to availability of funds.
Note: Applicants should submit seven (7) copies of the application letter and supporting documents to:
College of Humanities and Social Sciences,
P.O. Box 30197-00100,
Please note that University of Nairobi is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: Monday, June 22, 2015