M-KOPA is seeking:
Position Title: Telesales Manager
Position Start: ASAP
Reporting to: Director Call & Credit
Overall Purpose: The role is to lead and manage the Telesales Team to achieve the given targets.
The role will entail the full management of the sales process from data and campaign management, to monitoring and coaching individual performance to planning future sales strategies.
It will require a dynamic thinker who willing to try new ways of working to achieve results and has the desire to grow the team in size and performance.
The individual will need excellent people skills to allow the candidate to build a high performance team.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate previous leadership and successful sales experience in a call centre environment.
About M-KOPA Solar: M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of "pay-as-you-go" energy for offgrid customers.
Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 150,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day.
The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan.
Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage "credits" for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments.
This connected design means that M-KOPA is processing vast amounts of data (i.e. over 10,000 mobile payments per day) via the company's proprietary cloud platform, M-KOPAnet.
As of January 2015 M-KOPA employs over 500 full time staff across East Africa and sells through a network of 1,000 direct sales agents. It has also commenced licensing its technology to partners in other markets.
M-KOPA has been recognised for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
- Leader of Telesales. Provide the inspirational leadership to create a motivated and performing team, which will become a model of telesales in East Africa.
- Campaign Management & Design. Able to design the campaigns to ensure maximum efficiency of leads and people are achieved.
- Campaign Monitoring. Live monitoring of campaigns and able to rapidly adapt to changes in performance or circumstances
- Sales Coaching. Coaches the team on the methods of selling and how to improve individual performance. Write, adapt and monitor sales scripts
- Quality Control. Ensure that all sales are completed as per company SOPs and feedback loops are put in place to monitor performance, in conjunction with the QA team.
- Stock Management. Must monitor stock levels to ensure service centres are capable of delivering on orders
- Analysis. Design, request & interrupt reporting around the call
- Minimum of 4 years working in Call Centres, including Sales.
- Proven leadership of teams of 20+ people
- Previously experience of structuring a performance culture
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- Previous experience of creating, implementing and adjust sales planes
- Leadership skills
- Sales Processes
- Working with Others
- Operational Excellence
- Creativity & Innovation
- Performance driven
- Understanding of telephone Dialer systems
- Strong report interpretation skills
Remuneration: Competitive covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.
To Apply: To apply, send an updated detailed copy of your CV and a cover letter expressing why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the role to email@example.com with the subject EV-CCTM-0415
Please Note: Due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are short listed for the post and invited for an interview.
Therefore, if you have not heard from M-KOPA within 4 weeks of the date of the deadline your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
This measure has been taken in the interests of efficiency and cost effectiveness and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.