Vacancy: Technical Training Specialist - Electrical
Job Purpose Summary: The Technical Training Specialist contributes to the organizational goals by providing a specialized and effective training and development service to a designated team, focusing on the acquisition of competence and performance.
The Technical Training Specialist will be responsible for all training of our machinery and soft skills in relation to the specific machines. This includes initial operator, artisan and technician training and continuing support (as needed for both our customer as well as our internal technicians).
The Technical Training Specialist will also be responsible for the development and maintenance of training and assessment documentation.
The Technical Training Specialist is the face of the company and responsible for building solid and meaningful relationships with the client.
Reporting Structure: Training Manager
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To deliver standard and customised training courses to External customers and Internal Service Department in a range of machine specific areas.
- To assist Customers and Service with their Training needs by developing training and assessment documentation
- To assist with the development of new training courses in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders.
- To manage and maintain accurate records of all training delivered.
- To give feedback adequate feedback to delegates on all training conducted.
- To organise training in conjunction with Sales, Customers and our German Training Academy.
- To assist with the setup and maintenance of the internal Training facility.
- To assist with the marketing and promotion of training to external customers
Role Specific Skills Attributes
- Knowledge and experience
- Sales, manufacturing and communication systems, processes and knowledge
- Knowledge of Krones technology and its range of equipment.
- 5-10 years field experience, specializing in specific machines in the beverage packaging industry.
- Knowledge on Programming, Automation, Electrical aspects, Siemens S7, B&R, Zenon, Inspection Technology and troubleshooting in an automated beverage packaging environment.
- Knowledge and experience as Technical trainer in a beverage packaging environment.
Qualifications and Education Required
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Train-the-trainer (pref)
- Facilitation skills (pref)
- Personal behaviours and competencies
- Conceptualisation, socialisation, adaptability
- Evaluating, demonstrative, internal actualization
- Self management ability
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Action planning, attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Specific Job Skills
- Learning and development principals and methods
- Strong inter-personal skills – team builder and participant
- Computer Skills
- MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint (pref)
- SAP (pref)
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Basic understanding of financial management and principals
- Good understanding of compiling training material
- Good administration skills
- Very good communication skills (written, presentation and facilitation)
- Good command of English
- Build mutually beneficial relationships internally and externally
- Facilitation skills
- Professional liaison with all levels of management and technical clients, both internally and externally
- Project leadership and mentoring skills to colleagues, client and students
- Able to travel both domestic and internationally (extensive travel)
- Possess a valid passport
- Traveling to customer locations throughout Sub-Saharan Africa
Application to be send to email@example.com