Vacancy: Tax Manager
Our client, Carrefour is one of the largest French hypermarket chains in the world with 1,452 hypermarkets at the end of 2011 and more than 21,000 employees from more than 68 nationalities.
Carrefour is venturing into the Kenyan market and seeking to recruit a high caliber, results-oriented and self-driven Tax Manager.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in a similar role and be responsible for the following key responsibilities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Daily follow up over invoice booking from the taxation aspects
- Daily filling for VAT and withholding taxes on I Tax system
- Monthly review over PAYE and reconciling the same with the books
- Responsible for all statutory payments to authorities
- Involvement in items and suppliers creation to confirm the correctness and accuracy of tax rates
- Monthly filing for tax returns (all types of taxes)
- Performing year-end tax adjustments over financial statements and computing corporate income tax
- Ensures tax payments are made on time
- Computing monthly provisions for taxes
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant Finance / Accounting degree / CPA (K) / ACCA from a reputable institution
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Highly motivated individual, creative, with proven ability to work under pressure.
- Good Knowledge of general accounting principle and practices
- Good knowledge of Tax accounting and tax laws in Kenya
- Good Knowledge of filling tax returns and liaising with tax authorities
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner & to perform functions with accuracy.
- Team player with good interpersonal and self-management and organization skills
- Past experience in tax and audit firms
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 15th June 2015.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line