Our client is a leading tea manufacturing company in Kenya and a subsidiary of a multination company.
They are looking to hire a Supermarkets Sales and Key Accounts Executive and reporting to the Modern Trade Manager across East Africa.
Job Purpose / Summary: The incumbent will be reporting directly to the Modern Trade Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in conducting internal analysis of the department by providing data related to Modern Trade sales performance.
- Collect external environment data related to market, competition & trends.
- Gather & Share competitor information and their activities with Management.
- Prepare & coordinate the Meeting schedules for Modern Trade Outlets under their responsibilities.
- Identify corporate partnership opportunities with Modern Trade and negotiate the deal with client.
- Ensure clients have updated price list whenever prices are revised.
- Prepare individual Modern Trade sales report and share it with Team on a weekly basis.
- Conduct client visits to check if all products are displayed correctly, and provide marketing collaterals as per agreement.
- Take feedback from client on brand awareness, competitors, service quality, etc.
- Collect orders from client.
- Ensure timely payment collection form the customers.
- Find out reasons in case of lost order or in case a customer cancels and discontinues partnership.
- Coordinate with Brand manager for marketing and promotional activities to be done for Modern Trade clients.
- Check store lay out and product placement on regular basis and suggest modifications to client whenever required.
- Train the store staff on product features. Ensures that the product has been placed as per layout.
- Ensure all products are visible. Also ensure promotional material provided to store is visible. Discuss with store manager in case of any issue with display.
- Ensure proper replenishment of clients stock by keeping updates of stock position.
- Discuss client complaints and issues and resolve.
- Ensure performance of the merchandisers, are appropriate to achieve company sales & visibility targets/Objectives.
- Manage performance of the team by monitoring their sales performance & Reporting.
- Participate in any meetings called by management and other department heads.
- Share the internal and external data related to Modern Trade with the team which would be used for planning purpose.
- Pass any quality related issues or complaints received from market to Quality Assurance.
- Pass on any information that may help in new product development.
- Align all activities required to be executed to meet the objectives of the marketing initiative and discuss it with the Marketing team.
- Coordinate with Brand Team in formulating marketing and promotional activities for Modern Trade customers.
- Provide regular (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly) feedback on the performance of products in market.
- Coordinate with logistics in charge to insure timely delivery to customers.
- Share any new initiatives by competitors, any new product information, any suggestions from clients with team.
Required to prepare the following
- Weekly/Monthly Market visit Itinerary
- Annual Assigned Modern Trade Sales forecast
- Monthly Sales Performance Reports
- Weekly Order conversion Report
- Monthly credit report
- Weekly Modern Trade sales report ,Weekly Key Accounts visit report,
- Monthly New product market feasibility report
- 2 years Team Management experience across Kenya, working and getting results from merchandising and promotional agencies.
- Possess professional commercial qualification
- Strong business development and strategy formulation
- Be able to effectively drive cross-group communication and cooperation, using strong communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Retail, Consumer marketing or sales background or proven knowledge of digital consumer selling channels
- Possess a personal passion for marketing, customer relationship, technology, partners and satisfaction.
- Negotiation and influencing skills that gain successful outcomes for the company
- High levels of energy, drive, creativity and innovation
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Organized, analytical and computer literate.
- Self-motivated and self-driven individual with prospective personal development within the company.
Salary Budget: Kshs. 45,000 - 60,000 Gross and other additional benefits
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please CLICK HERE to make your application through our website before close of business 8th June 2015.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.