Job Title: Site Supervisor – Road Construction
Industry: Road Construction
Salary: 150K – 200K
Our client is a leading local construction company specializing in residential construction and civil works with a commitment to high quality work delivered on schedule and within budget.
They are seeking to hire a qualified and competent individual to fill in the role of a Site Supervisor – Road construction.
- Work with foremen, employees, administrative support, and key personnel to ensure project activity is within budgeted and operational standards.
- Audit progress of on-going projects, keep upper-level management informed of project status and any special concerns, and ensure adherence to approved plans and specifications.
- Review and administer short and medium range operational plans, goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate project effectiveness; assist to effect changes required for improvement.
- Critically review work orders, invoices etc. to determine accuracy, conformance to contractual commitments, etc.
- Represent the company at site meetings, business meetings and with suppliers
- Inspect job sites to ensure conformance of Sub-Contractors and site employees to establish worksite policies and practices.
- Assist with developing and managing project operating budgets and provide fiscal direction to the unit.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and mandates of local, provincial, and federal agencies.
- Ensure safety and quality assurance programs are observed.
- Maintain detailed activity records and prepare activity reports.
- Have an understanding of road construction methods, scheduling and blueprint reading.
- Manage all sub-trades, workers and suppliers, ensuring that they perform according to their contract.
- Ensure that the project is built to client drawings & specifications.
- Use best efforts to resolve disputes between the various sub-trades, workers and suppliers.
- Assist with maintaining the construction schedule and work efficiency over the course of the entire duration of the project.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- A degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 – 7 years work experience in road construction
- Sound supervisory experience on a road construction site
- Experience in road maintenance
- Experience in heavy equipment operation
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to read and understand road construction documents.
- Strong computer skills, to include MS Office Suite and scheduling software.
- Ability to identify issues and generate solutions.
- Ability to make sound decisions using standard procedure
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Site Supervisor – Road Construction) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 5th June, 2015.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Nabui House, 3rd floor, Westlands
(Next to Unga House)