Our client, a company committed to the highest quality organic and conventional produce, sourced in a sustainable and ethical manner whose core is their total quality approach and helping small and marginal farmers to realise a steady income through their grower model is seeking to recruit for the position of a Senior Horticulturalist.
The Ideal candidate will be focused on the technical side as well managerial side of farm management in planning and execution management of farm activities.
- Commercial organic fruit and select vegetable / spice farming (crops like chili, ginger etc ) conforming to US NOP / EU / JAS / Demeter standards + fair trade standards OR
- Commercial conventional farming for fruit and vegetable crops or spices conforming to GlobalGAP system (controlled agriculture) in open field or green house cultivation
Skill Sets Required
- Good hands on experience in fruit and vegetable farming – pest scouting / disease identification / remedial measures
- Compilation of Package of Practices and Cost of Cultivation
- Protected agriculture – green house or tunnel house
- Experience in handling / maintenance of irrigation systems - preferably large systems > 100 acres
- Good exposure in organic farming, should have implemented ICS ( internal control system ) and lead successful certification for at least for 2 to 3 years as per US NOP / EU / JAS / Demeter standards
- If he/she is not into organic farming, then GlobalGAP experience is must, should have implemented on a large scale farm leading to successful certification
- Knowledge in selection and application of alternate origin fertilizers – microbial fertilizers, natural enzymes, bio-dynamic fertilizers, processing green compost / vermicompost
- Min 7 years of experience is most preferred
Salary range offered: 1400 to maximum 1500 USD per Month + Local cash of 400,000 TZS per month
Job Location: at farm site
Basic Accommodation: Provided, excluding food
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th June 2015.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line.