International Rescue Committee
Vacancy: Regional Human Resources Director
Sector: Human Resources
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Job Overview / Summary (What and Why): The Regional HR Director will lead and facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic HR function in the Horn and East Africa and Yemen (HEAZ/Y) that ensures the organization has the structure, culture and talent needed to deliver on program goals and effectively serve its beneficiaries.
Directs and facilitates delivery HR capacity and infrastructure in line with IRC’s Human Capital Strategy for efficient and effective services at multi-levels and implementation and adaptation of HR global initiatives and practices.
Serve as advisor and counsel to maximize staffing resources and performance, ensure economy and efficiency of work processes, and contain institutional risk.
- Direct and oversee collaborative identification and development of annual and multi-year human capacity strategies such as workforce planning, job performance improvement, HR capacity development, etc. to ensure right talent at right time and place. Identify and facilitate development of standards, tools, and resources. Devise and implement metrics.
- Evaluate and facilitate HR functional capacity and service delivery for HEAZ/Y. Implement collaborative actions to facilitate evaluation and development of HR capacity and infrastructure. Build knowledge, expertise, and capacity leveraging internal and external resources. Ensure effective HR service systems and delivery at multi-levels as confirmed by key stakeholders. Measure and evaluate.
- Oversee global delivery and implementation of IRC HR global systems, standards, and initiatives. Ensure effective adaptation at all levels and compliance with the spirit and intent of labor regulations and donor requirements. Secure feedback and suggested improvements. Measure and evaluate.
- Direct development and delivery of training and other capacity building efforts. Identify and access internal and external resources to provide timely and effective technical assistance.
- Serve as a strategic partner providing advice and counsel to maximize staffing resources and performance, ensure economy and efficiency of work processes, and contain institutional risk. As needed, s erve as primary liaison for all HR matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the success of the HR department and function at IRC.
- Master’s degree, minimum 12 to 15 years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 5 years as a regional manager or director or equivalent education and experience. (NOTE: For an HR Partner, the experience level is 10 years with five years as a regional manager or director.)
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 500+ employees in multiple locations within the region or global environment required.
- Demonstrated success in supporting key senior management and building relationships.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units required
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment and on deadline; aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed
- Superb written and verbal communication skills required. Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
- English fluency required (French proficiency a plus)
- Ability to regularly travel to countries within the region
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems preferred
- SPHR, GPHR, CIPD or other HR professional certification preferred
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.