Seeking: Procurement / Logistics Officer - Nairobi
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) Program:The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict, promote stability and community cohesion, and strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking two (2) skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Procurement / Logistics Officers.
As our Procurement and Logistics Officer, you will work closely within the operations department and with the program and grants teams as well as grantees, vendors and suppliers to provide best value for money in implementation of the TIS program.
The P&LO is responsible for the acquisition of goods and services for in-kind grants and operations in compliance with USAID and DAI policies and procedures and ensure their timely delivery and implementation in the field.
The work of the Procurement/Logistics Officer requires detailed procurement and logistics knowledge and Somalia experience, highly developed collaboration and networking skills and discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility.
- University degree in Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, International Relations, International Development or appropriate field.
- Minimum four (4) years relevant experience in a similar position, with specific focus on local/international procurement, in-kind grant procurement, clearing & forwarding, and inventory/stock/supplies management, development and control.
- Previous experience with USAID funded programs, International or local NGOs is preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships remotely with government personnel, colleagues, donor partners, private sector, and others.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines, in difficult environments.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a multicultural team and to remotely manage work and relationships
- Willingness to travel to and within Somalia
- Functional competencies required: effective oral and written communication skills, successful negotiator, creative analytical thinker, active learner, team player and cross cultural facilitator.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Internet applications, Microsoft Outlook, Access and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English language, Somali language is preferred
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
If so, please send
(1) a CV that includes 3 references in PDF format
(2) A cover letter explaining why you are eligible for the position,
(3) A filled and signed copy of the 1420 bio data form which can be downloaded from http://www.usaid.gov/forms
Forward your application to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday, 19th June 2015.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please put Procurement/Logistics Officer-Nairobi as the email subject.
DAI is an equal opportunity employer.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.